Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    What’s behind Israel’s latest attack on Syria? | News

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Britney Spears recalls one of the most painful moments of her life

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Asif expects positive outcome from Qatar-Turkiye-led mediation amid Pak-Afghan tensions
    Pakistan News

    Asif expects positive outcome from Qatar-Turkiye-led mediation amid Pak-Afghan tensions

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comNovember 1, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Pakistani Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif attends a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Moscow, Russia February 20, 2018. — Reuters
    Pakistani Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif attends a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Moscow, Russia February 20, 2018. — Reuters
    • Asif says ceasefire violations being committed by Afghan side only.
    • Confirms clause holding Kabul accountable for cross-border militancy.
    • “Torkham border reopened solely for Afghan deportations.”

    SIALKOT: As Pakistan and Afghanistan agreed to uphold ceasefire following days-long talks in Istanbul to ease tensions, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif expressed optimism that mediation efforts by Qatar and Turkiye will yield positive results.

    Speaking to Geo News, Asif revealed that the issue of Afghan nationals has, for the first time, been raised at the international level, adding that Turkiye and Qatar are playing a constructive mediatory role in the dialogue.

    Pakistan and the Afghan Taliban regime agreed to uphold ceasefire after multiple rounds of talks in Istanbul, read a joint statement issued on late Thursday, further stating: “Further modalities of the implementation will be discussed and decided in a principal level meeting in Istanbul on 6 November 2025.”

    Pakistan and Afghanistan resumed peace talks in Istanbul after Islamabad said the earlier four-day discussions had collapsed without a breakthrough.

    The talks had broken down when the Taliban refused to provide verifiable guarantees that groups such as the TTP would not use Afghan territory to launch attacks on Pakistan.

    Pakistan had recommenced talks at the request of mediators Turkey and Qatar to give peace another chance, while repeatedly urging Kabul to act against militants using its territory as a safe haven.

    “Previously, Afghanistan refused to acknowledge responsibility for its nationals residing illegally in Pakistan, calling it Pakistan’s issue,” the minister told Geo News. “Now, the matter has gained international ownership.”

    He further noted that under the ongoing negotiations, a clause has been included stipulating that if any illegal activity originates from Afghan soil, Afghanistan will be held accountable.

    “There has been no hostile activity from our side; the ceasefire violations are being committed by Afghanistan,” Asif said, rejecting Kabul’s claims that Pakistan’s establishment is behind the tensions.

    He observed that there is widespread anger across Pakistan, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), the province most affected by cross-border militancy.

    “The entire nation, including political leaders and state institutions, stands united and wants an immediate resolution to the Afghan issue,” Asif emphasised. “The only solution is for Afghanistan to end terrorism originating from its soil.”

    He maintained that it would be preferable for both states to maintain civilised relations, warning that the international community is fully aware of the divisive tactics being used by Afghanistan.

    Highlighting the shared burden of decades of conflict, Asif said, “The losses Pakistan has suffered over the past five decades are collective losses of both nations.”

    The defence minister also accused India of waging a proxy war against Pakistan since the Ashraf Ghani era, asserting that the evidence is widely accepted now. “If necessary, we will present proof,” he said.

    He alleged that India seeks to keep Pakistan preoccupied on both its eastern and western borders.

    “On the eastern front, India has already faced setbacks — Modi has gone silent,” Asif remarked confidently, expressing optimism that mediation efforts by Qatar and Turkiye will yield positive results.

    The defence czar clarified that the Torkham border has been opened solely to facilitate the expulsion of illegal Afghan nationals from the country, not for trade activities.

    Asif said that all trade at Torkham remains suspended, and visa processing is also on hold until the ongoing talks with Afghan authorities are concluded.

    He stressed that the deportation process must continue so that illegal Afghan residents cannot find excuses to return and resettle in Pakistan again.

    The repatriation of Afghan families from Pakistan was halted on October 11 due to border clashes between the two neighbouring countries.

    The clashes, which continued for several days before a ceasefire was brokered in Doha on October 19, had prompted Pakistan to seal all its borders with Afghanistan for trade and travel.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Torrential rain wreaks havoc in Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah Lai rises

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan demarches US envoy over ambassador in India’s ‘irresponsible’ Kashmir remarks

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    What’s behind Israel’s latest attack on Syria? | News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    US envoy warns Israel’s strike could have sparked direct confrontation with Turkish forces.An Israeli attack…

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Britney Spears recalls one of the most painful moments of her life

    August 19, 2026

    Govt raises petrol price, reduces diesel rates

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?