Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Margot Robbie enjoys date night with Tom Ackerley in Paris

    August 20, 2026

    Gold prices surge in global and local markets

    August 20, 2026

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Faceless e-challan system comes into effect this month in Sindh
    Pakistan News

    Faceless e-challan system comes into effect this month in Sindh

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comOctober 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Traffic police officials charge a challan for violating the traffic rules at Saddar area in Karachi on Tuesday, April 15, 2025. — PPI
    Traffic police officials charge a challan for violating the traffic rules at Saddar area in Karachi on Tuesday, April 15, 2025. — PPI
    • Committee formed to address e-challan complaints.
    • No new agreement made after previous contract ended. 
    • Fines increased for overspeeding and reckless driving.

    KARACHI: A new e-challan system for traffic violations will come into effect in Karachi on October 27, Sindh Inspector General (IG) Ghulam Nabi Memon announced on Friday.

    He said traffic challans had been temporarily suspended until the new system is launched, adding that no fresh contract had yet been signed after the expiry of the previous company’s agreement that provided challan machines.

    The Sindh police chief further confirmed that a committee has been formed to address public complaints related to e-challans once the new system becomes operational.

    Earlier this month, the Sindh Police Department organised an awareness seminar titled “Traffic Rules and Faceless E-Ticketing Challan” to familiarise stakeholders with the upcoming system.

    The event drew a large number of participants, including government officials, transporters, lawyers, industrialists, showbiz personalities, and educationists. Senior police officials, including IG Ghulam Nabi Memon and Additional IG Karachi Javed Alam Odho, also attended the seminar.

    Speaking at the event, Odho said that the new faceless e-challan system was introduced ahead of schedule to curb rising traffic accidents and eliminate direct interaction between citizens and police officers during enforcement.

    “Now technology will decide who is at fault and who is against the law,” he said, adding that the monitoring staff would only collect and forward camera evidence.

    He noted that this shift would not only enhance transparency but also help improve Karachi’s traffic flow and public trust.

    IG Memon said the government had extended full support to implement the new system, which aims to align Karachi with international standards.

    “In the civilised world, traffic systems operate through cameras without visible police presence on the roads,” he said, commending the Karachi police team for their work.

    Public advisory against fake challans

    Earlier this month, the Karachi Traffic Police issued a warning to citizens about fake e-challan messages being sent via SMS from private numbers. Officials clarified that the department does not issue challan notices from personal mobile numbers or request payments via EasyPaisa.

    The advisory urged citizens to verify any traffic notices through official channels to avoid scams.

    Revised traffic fines and penalty points

    Meanwhile, the Sindh government has implemented a revised traffic fine and demerit point system across the province under Section 121-A of the Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965.

    According to Information and Transport Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon, the new schedule introduces heavier penalties for violations such as overspeeding, signal breaking, wrong-way driving, and operating vehicles without a licence.

    He said overspeeding fines now stand at Rs5,000 for motorcycles, Rs15,000 for cars, and Rs20,000 for heavy transport vehicles, while driving without a licence could cost offenders up to Rs50,000 and six demerit points. Reckless driving will incur a Rs25,000 fine and eight points.

    “Our goal is not to collect fines but to save lives,” Memon said, stressing that traffic violations like overspeeding and one-wheeling are life-threatening acts that will be dealt with strictly.

    He added that the government is working on a digital monitoring system and capacity-building measures for traffic police to strengthen enforcement and ensure road safety across Sindh.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘It takes two to tango’: PM Shehbaz extends olive branch to opposition

    August 20, 2026

    SC returns govt’s review plea against Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order

    August 20, 2026

    Syrian FM in Pakistan to discuss bilateral ties, regional and int’l developments

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Margot Robbie enjoys date night with Tom Ackerley in Paris

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Margot Robbie enjoys date night with Tom Ackerley in Paris Margot Robbie and Tom Ackerley proved…

    Gold prices surge in global and local markets

    August 20, 2026

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    August 20, 2026

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?