Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    JI sit-ins against petroleum levy continue for fourth straight day

    August 19, 2026

    Olivia Rodrigo wins hearts with generous gesture for fan ahead of tour

    August 19, 2026

    Google announces free 1-year Gemini subscription for all Pakistani students

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»MWM announces nationwide protest against ban on Arbaeen by-road pilgrimage
    Pakistan News

    MWM announces nationwide protest against ban on Arbaeen by-road pilgrimage

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJuly 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Iranian pilgrims pray as they attend the ritual of Arbaeen in Karbala city. — Reuters/File
    Iranian pilgrims pray as they attend the ritual of Arbaeen in Karbala city. — Reuters/File 
    • Raja Nasir says govt ignored all stakeholders completely.
    • MWM leader say ban violates religious freedom, Article 20.
    • Sit-ins from GB to Karachi begin, adds MWM leader.

    ISLAMABAD: The Majlis Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM) has announced a nationwide peaceful protest and sit-ins in response to the government’s ban on by-road travel for Arbaeen pilgrims, calling it unconstitutional, unethical, and unacceptable.

    Speaking at a press conference in Islamabad, MWM chief Senator Allama Raja Nasir Abbas strongly condemned the government’s move to block overland routes to Iran and Iraq during Arbaeen.

    He said: “This is a violation of our constitutional right to religious freedom under Article 20. We will not accept any illegal or immoral act.”

    Nasir revealed that pilgrims from across Pakistan — including Gilgit-Baltistan and Karachi — had already spent Rs50 billion collectively on tickets, visas, hotel bookings, and other arrangements, which now stand wasted due to the last-minute decision.

    He criticised the Ministry of Religious Affairs for its statement on missing pilgrims and demanded a public apology, calling the claim misleading and disrespectful.

    “This ban was imposed without consulting any stakeholders,” he said, questioning the rationale behind labelling the journey a “security risk” only after Pakistani authorities, including the interior minister, held meetings with Iranian and Iraqi officials promising facilitation.

    “If the road is unsafe, then the government must provide a viable alternative,” he stated. “The state’s duty is to protect lives and rights, not strip citizens of their religious liberties.”

    He also reminded the media that earlier this year, 67,000 Pakistanis were deprived of performing Hajj due to alleged administrative failures.

    The MWM leader declared the start of nationwide protests and sit-ins, vowing that peaceful demonstrations will be held across the country — from Gilgit-Baltistan to Karachi — until the restriction is reversed or a proper alternative is offered.

    Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi — two days back — announced that Pakistani pilgrims would not be allowed to travel to Iran or Iraq by road for this year’s Arbaeen pilgrimage due to security concerns.

    Each year, around 700,000 Pakistani pilgrims travel to Iraq, particularly for Arbaeen, which marks the 40th day of mourning following the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) at the Battle of Karbala.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    JI sit-ins against petroleum levy continue for fourth straight day

    August 19, 2026

    Bilawal warns withholding PML-N-led govt support until ‘all concerns addressed’

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan strongly condemns Israeli occupation forces’ attack on Syrian airbase

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Pakistan News

    JI sit-ins against petroleum levy continue for fourth straight day

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Jamaat-e-Islami supporters stage sit-in against petroleum levy and high inflation in Lahore. — Facebook/ Jamaat-e-Islami…

    Olivia Rodrigo wins hearts with generous gesture for fan ahead of tour

    August 19, 2026

    Google announces free 1-year Gemini subscription for all Pakistani students

    August 19, 2026

    Palestinian refugee and two relatives drown off English coast | Migration News

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?