Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Ariana Madix set for Broadway return in ‘Just in Time’

    August 19, 2026

    How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s history | News

    August 19, 2026

    John Irvin, veteran director of war and action classics, dies at 86

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Nine bus passengers abducted and killed in Balochistan attack
    Pakistan News

    Nine bus passengers abducted and killed in Balochistan attack

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJuly 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A representational image of a crime scene restricted with a police tape. — Reuters/File
    A representational image of a crime scene restricted with a police tape. — Reuters/File
    • Forces respond swiftly to all three attacks.
    • Quetta, Kalat among those attacked.
    • Operation launched to rescue those abducted.

    QUETTA: At least nine passengers were abducted and shot dead after gunmen intercepted multiple buses travelling from Quetta to Lahore, officials in Balochistan confirmed on Friday.

    The incident took place near Zhob, a town in northern Balochistan, where armed assailants stopped the buses, removed passengers, and selectively identified and executed nine individuals.

    Assistant Commissioner Zhob, Naveed Alam, said the attackers opened fire on the abducted passengers after taking them away from the vehicles.

    The bodies of the deceased have been shifted to the Rekhni hospital in the Barkhan district of Balochistan, he said.

    A spokesperson for the provincial government strongly condemned the attack, calling it an act of terrorism.

    “The terrorists pulled passengers off the buses, identified them, and then mercilessly killed nine innocent Pakistanis,” the spokesperson, Shahid Rind, stated.

    The murder of defenceless civilians is a glaring example of the barbarity of the Fitna al-Hindustan, said the official.

    Security forces responded swiftly to the reports of the abduction, he said.

    The assailants, he said, fled under cover of darkness. However, the operation to track them down continues, with a search under way in the surrounding region.

    Earlier in the day, the provincial government’s spokesperson confirmed that terrorists affiliated with Fitna al-Hindustan have launched attacks in Quetta, Kalat, Mastung, and Loralai.

    According to the spokesperson, the security forces responded immediately and forcefully at all three affected locations. 

    He assured the public that the forces remain fully alert to protect the lives, property, and assets of citizens amid the evolving threat.

    In a separate incident, reports have emerged of passengers being abducted near Loralai, the spokesperson said.

    He said that a search operation has been launched to ensure the safe return of the abducted individuals.

    Indian-backed terrorists groups have been active in Balochistan, especially after the defeat in the recent war against Pakistan. The army’s top leadership, earlier today, also vowed to take decisive and holistic actions at all levels against the Indian backed and sponsored proxies.

    In May, Pakistan saw a slight uptick in militant attacks even as heightened military tensions with neighbouring India failed to trigger a significant escalation in violence from extremist groups.

    Data released by the Islamabad-based Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies (PICSS) indicates a 5% increase in attacks compared to April, though the overall picture suggests militant groups largely remained contained despite the regional geopolitical climate.

    According to the PICSS monthly security assessment, May recorded 85 militant attacks, a marginal rise from 81 in April.

    These incidents resulted in 113 fatalities, including 52 security forces personnel, 46 civilians, 11 militants, and four members of peace committees. The month also saw 182 individuals injured, comprising 130 civilians, 47 security personnel, four militants, and one peace committee member.

    While the overall number of attacks saw only a modest increase, a deeper dive into the figures reveals some concerning trends.

    Balochistan and KP remained the most affected provinces, accounting for 82 of the 85 attacks nationwide.

    Balochistan experienced the highest level of violence, with 35 militant attacks that left 51 people dead-including 30 civilians, 18 security personnel, and three militants-and 100 injured (94 civilians, five security personnel, one militant).

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Govt to seek review of SC order on Imran’s hospital transfer: law minister

    August 18, 2026

    Mir Raza case: No ‘major progress’ as police await further details of chemical report

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Ariana Madix set for Broadway return in ‘Just in Time’

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Ariana Madix set for Broadway return in ‘Just in Time’Ariana Madix is heading back to…

    How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s history | News

    August 19, 2026

    John Irvin, veteran director of war and action classics, dies at 86

    August 19, 2026

    Quebec separatist says no independence referendum while Trump in office | Politics News

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?