Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Bruce Springsteen mourns his longtime biographer and friend Dave Marsh

    August 19, 2026

    US refineries taking in half of Venezuela’s oil output, official says | Oil and Gas News

    August 19, 2026

    Ariana Madix set for Broadway return in ‘Just in Time’

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Pakistan never backs terrorists, Bilawal tells India’s Karan Thapar clearly
    Pakistan News

    Pakistan never backs terrorists, Bilawal tells India’s Karan Thapar clearly

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJuly 9, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari speaks during an interview with AFP at the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, DC. — AFP/File
    PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari speaks during an interview with AFP at the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, DC. — AFP/File
    • Pakistan fighting largest inland war against terrorism: Bilawal.
    • Says cannot hide anything after going through FATF process.
    • Adds Pakistan offered impartial inquiry but India rejected.

    Former foreign minister and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari rejected India’s claims of patronising terrorist groups to conduct attacks outside of Pakistan.

    In an interview with Indian journalist Karan Thapar, Bilawal said: “Pakistan does not willingly permit […] the groups you mentioned or any group to conduct terrorist attacks outside of Pakistan but also within Pakistan.”

    Highlighting the country’s losses during the war against terrorism, the PPP lawmaker said that the world is well aware that Pakistan faced the brunt of terrorism over the past many decades.

    “Pakistan is fighting and has been fighting the largest inland war against terrorism. We’ve lost 92,000 lives altogether. Just last year, we lost more than 1,200 civilian lives in more than 200 different terrorist attacks.”

    “At the rate at which terrorist attacks are taking place just this year alone, if they continue at this pace, this year will be the bloodiest year in Pakistan’s history.”

    Recalling the assassination of his mother and former premier Benazir Bhutto, Bilawal said: “I too am a victim of terrorism. I feel the pain of the victims of the Pahalgam terrorist attack. I understand the trauma that their families are experiencing in a way more than many others can ever imagine.”

    He also elaborated on Pakistan’s ongoing battle to root out the menace, saying: “Pakistan went through a process where we not only took military action against terrorist groups within Pakistan.”

    He said that in the previous Zardari’s tenure, Pakistan conducted an operation in South Waziristan following Benazir’s assassination, and the next government conducted another operation in North Waziristan.

    ‘Rigorous’ FATF process

    “We implemented a National Action Plan as far as our actions against the groups of concern to India. Most recently, we went through a rigorous FATF [Financial Action Task Force] process.”

    He added that the international community was very well aware and endorsed Pakistan’s actions against said terrorist groups.

    Bilawal added that the FATF is a very rigorous process that has a complete monitoring mechanism, so it’s not like you can hide from it.

    Slamming the Indian allegations, Bilawal said that immediately after the Pahalgam attack, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif publicly stated that Islamabad is “willing to be part of any impartial international inquiry into the incident, our hands are clean.”

    “We had that sort of confidence. It was the Indian government that rebuffed that offer. To this day, the Indian government has not shared with Pakistan or the international community.”

    Pakistan and India engaged in a military confrontation in May, triggered by April’s Pahalgam attack in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK). Pakistan has denied involvement in the attack.

    Bilawal had also led a parliamentary delegation that visited global capitals on a mission to debunk the Indian propaganda in the aftermath of the recent conflict between the two countries.

    The nuclear-armed rivals used missiles, drones, and artillery fire during the four-day fighting —their worst in decades — before agreeing to a ceasefire.

    In response to the Indian aggression, Pakistan’s armed forces launched a large-scale retaliatory military action, named “Operation Bunyan-um-Marsoos”, and targeted several Indian military targets across multiple regions.

    The ceasefire was first announced by US President Donald Trump on social media after Washington held talks with both sides, but India has differed with Trump’s claims that it resulted from his intervention and threats to sever trade talks.

    However, Pakistan has acknowledged Trump’s efforts and formally recommended him for the 2026 Nobel Peace Prize, citing his role in defusing tensions between Pakistan and India last month.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Govt to seek review of SC order on Imran’s hospital transfer: law minister

    August 18, 2026

    Mir Raza case: No ‘major progress’ as police await further details of chemical report

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Bruce Springsteen mourns his longtime biographer and friend Dave Marsh

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Bruce Springsteen pays tribute to Dave MarshBruce Springsteen is mourning the loss of longtime friend…

    US refineries taking in half of Venezuela’s oil output, official says | Oil and Gas News

    August 19, 2026

    Ariana Madix set for Broadway return in ‘Just in Time’

    August 19, 2026

    How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s history | News

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?