Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Trump says talking to North Korea’s Kim makes the south safer | Newsfeed

    August 18, 2026

    Erdogan calls on Trump to prioritise diplomacy in talks with Iran

    August 18, 2026

    Ryan Gosling’s Marvel ‘Ghost Rider’ gets July 2028 release date

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Top Indian defence official admits India lost jets in Pakistan conflict
    Pakistan News

    Top Indian defence official admits India lost jets in Pakistan conflict

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMay 31, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    An undated image of Chief of Defence Staff of the Indian Armed Forces Anil Chauhan. — AFP/File
    An undated image of Chief of Defence Staff of the Indian Armed Forces Anil Chauhan. — AFP/File
    • India’s govt previously declined to comment on fate of lost aircraft.
    • “We’re able to understand tactical mistake we made,” says Chauhan.
    • Chauhan’s remarks came during interview at Shangri-La Dialogue. 

    India’s military has admitted, for the first time, that it lost an unspecified number of fighter jets in its clashes with Pakistan earlier this month. 

    Anil Chauhan, chief of the defence staff of the Indian Armed Forces, confirmed this during an interview with Bloomberg TV at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore on Saturday.

    Chauhan said: “What is important is not the jets being down, but why they were being downed.” He added: “The good part is that we are able to understand the tactical mistake which we made, remedy it, rectify it, and then implement it again after two days and fly all our jets again, targeting at long range.” 

    Chauhan’s remarks represent the first direct confirmation from an Indian official regarding the fate of its fighter jets during the conflict with Pakistan, which erupted on May 7.

    Earlier this month, in response to India’s unprovoked attacks on innocent civilians in Pakistan, the Pakistan Air Force downed six Indian jets, including three French-made Rafale fighter jets.

    India’s government had previously declined to comment on whether it lost aircraft in the fighting.

    A day earlier, senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy also acknowledged that Pakistan shot down five IAF jets during the recent conflict.

    Speaking in an interview, Swamy said that the Indian planes were defeated in air combat as Pakistan deployed Chinese fighter jets, which outperformed the French-made aircraft used by New Delhi.

    “Pakistan downed five of our planes. They used Chinese planes to down our planes, which were French,” Swamy revealed. “The Chinese planes were good, but the French were not. Rafale is not up to the mark as per India’s needs,” he added, criticising the performance of the highly-touted Rafale jets.

    He went on to make a startling claim regarding the controversial Rafale deal, alleging corruption in the procurement process. “Corruption happened in Rafale which won’t be investigated till Modi is the PM,” he stated firmly.

    Furthermore, Chauhan also confirmed that the four-day conflict, the worst between the nuclear-armed neighbours in half a century, never escalated to the point of nuclear war. The clashes involved both sides trading air, drone, and missile strikes, as well as artillery and small arms fire along their shared border.

    The conflict was triggered by New Delhi after an attack in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s Pahalgam on April 22, where gunmen killed 26 civilians. India labelled it an act of terrorism orchestrated by Pakistan, a claim denied by leaders in Islamabad.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Trump says talking to North Korea’s Kim makes the south safer | Newsfeed

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    US President Donald Trump has revealed North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un has responded ‘very…

    Erdogan calls on Trump to prioritise diplomacy in talks with Iran

    August 18, 2026

    Ryan Gosling’s Marvel ‘Ghost Rider’ gets July 2028 release date

    August 18, 2026

    Vigil held in central London for late Cambridge professor Jason Arday | Race Issues

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?