Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Indonesian mother ‘grateful’ after emergency birth during 7.7 quake

    August 17, 2026

    Iron Man or Doctor Doom? Robert Downey Jr. makes surprising choice

    August 17, 2026

    Two suspected militants killed in Balochistan Operation

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Pakistan, India DGMOs discuss ceasefire, to ‘consider troops reduction’ from borders
    Pakistan News

    Pakistan, India DGMOs discuss ceasefire, to ‘consider troops reduction’ from borders

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMay 12, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Pakistan Army soldiers man a post at the Line of Control (LoC). — AFP/File
    Pakistan Army soldiers man a post at the Line of Control (LoC). — AFP/File

    The director generals of military operations (DGMOs) of Pakistan and India held talks over the hotline and agreed that both sides would consider immediate measures to ensure troops reduction from borders and forward areas, the Indian military said on Monday.

    The Indian military said it discussed issues related to the commitment that both sides must not fire a single shot and initiate aggressive action.

    The development came following Saturday’s ceasefire that paused days of intense fighting between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

    There were no reports of explosions or projectiles fired overnight, with the Indian army saying Sunday was the first peaceful night along their border in recent days.

    Saturday’s ceasefire, announced by US President Donald Trump came after Pakistan launched retaliatory action under ‘Operation Bunyan-um-Marsoos’ in response to India’s unprovoked missile and drone attacks on Pakistani civilians and military sites, leaving at least 31 civilians dead and dozens injured.

    Using precision-guided long-range Fatah series missiles of the Pakistan Army, and precision munitions of PAF, the ISPR said 26 Indian military targets, as well as facilities that were used to target Pakistani citizens, and those enterprises that were responsible for fomenting terrorism in Pakistan, were hit.

    Leaders of India and Pakistan were “unwavering”, and the US “helped a lot”, Trump said on Monday, adding that trade was a “big reason” why the countries stopped fighting.

    “We are going to do a lot of trade with Pakistan…and India. We are negotiating with India right now. We are soon going to negotiate with Pakistan,” he said.

    Pakistan has thanked the US for brokering the ceasefire while India, which opposes third-party involvement in its disputes with Pakistan, has not commented on Washington’s role.

    The discussion between the military operations chiefs focused on the ceasefire, Indian broadcaster CNN-News18 reported, citing top government sources. It said curbs imposed by the countries on each other remained in place, including the suspension of trade and closure of their borders.

    Meanwhile, Pakistan’s official sources confirmed that the director generals of military operations from the two countries held the first round of talks over the hotline.

    The Indian army said details of the talks would be shared soon.

    The military confrontation between the two countries was triggered by last month’s attack in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) that left 26 tourists dead, with India blaming Pakistan for the attack without offering any evidence.

    Islamabad denied any links to the attack and called for a neutral investigation. It said the targets hit on Wednesday were civilian sites.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    PML-N has clinched two-thirds majority in AJK elections, claims Rana Sanaullah

    August 17, 2026

    Two terrorists killed in Balochistan’s Kili Zaik IBO: security sources

    August 17, 2026

    ‘Bold and important first step’: Trump hails Pakistan-KSA-Turkiye defence pact

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Amazing News

    Indonesian mother ‘grateful’ after emergency birth during 7.7 quake

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Gempita Soli Wona, a baby who was born via caesarean section amid the aftershocks of…

    Iron Man or Doctor Doom? Robert Downey Jr. makes surprising choice

    August 17, 2026

    Two suspected militants killed in Balochistan Operation

    August 17, 2026

    Rawalpindi registers 1,670 dengue FIR as crackdown intensifies

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?