Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Elaine Paige reveals she relied on sleeping pills for years after theatre shows

    August 17, 2026

    Karachi housing backlog grows as ‘SBCA’ approves just 1,039 projects in 16 years

    August 17, 2026

    Missing Iranian pilots deepen Iran-Qatar tensions

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»India’s strategy crumbled against Pakistan’s composure: Khawaja Asif
    Pakistan News

    India’s strategy crumbled against Pakistan’s composure: Khawaja Asif

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMay 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif. — AFP/File
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif. — AFP/File
    • India strategy crumbled before our calculated response, says Asif. 
    • Says myth of Indian’s arrogance vanished into thin air.
    • India failed to secure backing from a single country, he says. 

    Following a US-brokered ceasefire understanding between nuclear-armed Pakistan and India, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said on Saturday that India expected a weak response, but its strategy crumbled before Pakistan’s calm and calculated response.

    “The myth of Indian’s arrogance has vanished into thin air,” he said, adding that India thought that it would bring Pakistan to the negotiating table on their own terms through military aggression.

    Speaking of dialogue, he stated that matters related to the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT), terrorism and Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) would be discussed in potential talks with New Delhi.

    His remarks came after reports started circulating on social and mainstream media that IWT — a key water-sharing pact between India and Pakistan — will remain suspended, despite the countries reaching a ceasefire agreement.

    The IWT, mediated by the World Bank in 1960, regulates the division of water from the Indus River and its tributaries between the South Asian nations. India pulled out of it last month after a deadly attack targeting tourists in Pahalgam, (IIOJK). India accused Pakistan of being involved in the attack, while Islamabad denied its involvement in the violence and had said it was preparing international legal action over the suspension of the treaty, which ensures water for 80% of its farms.

    Speaking on Geo News today, the defence minister said: “These are the three major issues [IWT, terrorism and Kashmir] that can be discussed as of now.”

    He said, probably, India was not expecting such a response from Islamabad as the armed forces of Pakistan stunned the Indian forces in the four-day clashes.

    The latest escalation in the decades-old Pakistan-India rivalry began on May 7 when at least 31 civilians, including children, were killed in an unprovoked Indian cross-border attack. In retaliation, Pakistan downed five IAF fighter jets, including three Rafale, and dozens of drones.

    During the escalation, India sent drones into Pakistani territory, with the military shooting down nearly 80, including Israeli-made IAI Heron — medium-altitude, long-endurance — unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

    In the wee hours of Saturday, the Pakistan army launched “Operation Bunyan-um-Marsoos”, targeting multiple Indian military installations, according to security sources.

    Referring to India’s defeat during the recent clashes, the defence czar said Pakistan had dispelled Indian misconceptions about power. 

    “India was gripped by the hubris of power, but its arrogance has collapsed in the face of Pakistan’s composed and strategic response,” the minister added.  

    Responding to a question, the minister said that Islamabad repeatedly asked New Delhi to provide evidence in support of their allegation against Pakistan in the backdrop of the Pahalgam.

    Instead of providing evidence, India attacked Pakistan, he said, adding that New Delhi’s credibility had come into question due to its behaviour. The minister said that the international community appreciated Pakistan’s stance on the matter.

    He emphasised that Pakistan maintained restraint throughout the episode, kept its threshold low, and prioritised peace without compromising its presence or security.

    “India’s military and diplomatic assessments have been proven wrong. Their narrative has found no acceptance globally due to their failure to provide evidence or allow impartial investigation,” he said.

    He further said that India failed to secure backing from a single country.

     “We hope India, and particularly its leadership, will one day prioritise the region’s future over party interests.

    Peaceful coexistence based on equality is key to South Asia’s progress,” he added.


    — With additional input from APP.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Two terrorists killed in Balochistan’s Kili Zaik IBO: security sources

    August 17, 2026

    ‘Bold and important first step’: Trump hails Pakistan-KSA-Turkiye defence pact

    August 17, 2026

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Elaine Paige reveals she relied on sleeping pills for years after theatre shows

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

     Elaine has moved away from performing on stage and has spent the past 21 years…

    Karachi housing backlog grows as ‘SBCA’ approves just 1,039 projects in 16 years

    August 17, 2026

    Missing Iranian pilots deepen Iran-Qatar tensions

    August 17, 2026

    Disney unveils major movie and series lineup at ‘D23’ Fan Event

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?