Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Pakistan cracks down on dumped imports, as NTC runs 10 active probes

    August 17, 2026

    SpaceX sets launch record with two Falcon 9 missions in under 39 minutes

    August 17, 2026

    Two suspected militants killed in Balochistan Operation

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Unprovoked Indian attack martyred at least 31 civilians, injured 57: DG ISPR
    Pakistan News

    Unprovoked Indian attack martyred at least 31 civilians, injured 57: DG ISPR

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMay 7, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry addresses a press conference. — Radio Pakistan/File
    Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry addresses a press conference. — Radio Pakistan/File 
    • Last night strikes exposed India’s disgusting face, says DG ISPR.
    • Military’s spokesperson terms targeting civilians as terrorism.
    • Says Neelum-Jhelum Project also shelled by Indian forces.

    Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said on Wednesday that as per the latest tally, at least 31 innocent civilians were martyred and 57 others injured in the unprovoked Indian attacks on different cities of Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK). 

    He reiterated that Pakistan reserves the right to defend itself. 

    India launched strikes on Pakistan and AJK early Wednesday morning, an assault that Islamabad called a “blatant act of war” as tensions spiral between the nuclear-armed rivals after a deadly attack on tourists in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) last month.

    Islamabad said six Pakistani locations, from mosques to hydropower projects, were targeted, with two dozen weapon impacts.

    In retaliation and a befitting response, the Pakistan armed forces shot down five Indian Air Force (IAF) jets, seven drones, destroyed a brigade headquarters and a number of checkposts along the Line of Control (LoC).

    Addressing a press conference today, the DG ISPR added that a major reason for the increase in casualties was India’s continued unprovoked firing on the LoC.

    The strikes last night exposed India’s disgusting face, he said, adding: “Our enemy is so cowardly that instead of confronting our military forces head-on, it attacks unarmed civilians and populated areas in the darkness.”

    He added that such actions highlight India’s desperation and its shift from supporting proxy elements to direct acts of aggression.

    “When we made life difficult for terrorist proxies, India resorted to using its own military to carry out acts of terror,” he said. “Targeting innocent citizens and children — if that’s not terrorism, then what is?”

    The DG ISPR questioned which terrorists were killed by targeting civilians and population centres.

    Showing videos of civilians, including children, impacted by the Indian attacks, the military spokesperson questioned if these were the “terrorists” whom India claimed it was targeting on the night of May 6 and 7.

    The military spokesperson added that the Neelum-Jhelum Hydropower project was also shelled by Indian forces.

    Referring to Article 54 of the 1977 Additional Protocol 1 of the Geneva Conventions, the military’s spokesperson said that it was prohibited to attack, destroy, remove or render useless objects that were indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as drinking water supplies/installations and irrigation works.

    Lt Gen Chaudhry said that the Pakistan armed forces responded with precision to Indian aggression by engaging only military targets.

    “In self-defence, our forces struck only military targets. We did not resort to targeting innocent civilians like the cowardly enemy,” said Gen Chaudhry.

    He confirmed that the Pakistan Air Force shot down five Indian fighter jets, including three Rafales, in what he termed as an exceptional air battle. “Such aerial combat is rarely witnessed — we are proud of our air force.”

    He further said India’s violations along the LoC and ceasefire breaches have exposed its aggressive and destabilising role before the world.

    “From launching unprovoked attacks on our borders to supporting terrorism through proxies, India has repeatedly shown its malicious intent,” he added.

    DG ISPR, during the press briefing, affirmed that the protection of Pakistan’s people and territory is non-negotiable, saying that there would be no compromise on the safety of “our citizens or the sovereignty of our land”.

    He reiterated Pakistan’s resolve to defend itself against any aggression. “Pakistan reserves the right to self-defence and will exercise it when necessary,” the military spokesperson affirmed.

    He lauded the unity between the nation and its armed forces, stating, “Our forces are proud of the people, and the people have unwavering faith in their military. We are one against the enemy.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Two terrorists killed in Balochistan’s Kili Zaik IBO: security sources

    August 17, 2026

    ‘Bold and important first step’: Trump hails Pakistan-KSA-Turkiye defence pact

    August 17, 2026

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Politics

    Pakistan cracks down on dumped imports, as NTC runs 10 active probes

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    KARACHI: Pakistan’s National Tariff Commission is investigating 10 cases of alleged dumping by foreign exporters,…

    SpaceX sets launch record with two Falcon 9 missions in under 39 minutes

    August 17, 2026

    Two suspected militants killed in Balochistan Operation

    August 17, 2026

    Japan’s economy slows, missing growth forecasts | Business and Economy

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?