Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Harrison Ford becomes first-ever model for Indiana Jones Disney animatronic

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia incumbent takes early election lead as opposition alleges armed raid | Elections News

    August 17, 2026

    Diplo reveals secret birth of one year old daughter

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»US urges calm between India and Pakistan after Kashmir attack
    Pakistan News

    US urges calm between India and Pakistan after Kashmir attack

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comApril 30, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif (right), US Secretary of State Marco Rubio (centre) and Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar. — Reuters/File
    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif (right), US Secretary of State Marco Rubio (centre) and Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar. — Reuters/File
    • State Dept says Rubio spoke separately to Pakistani PM, Indian FM.
    • Rubio encourages two sides for dialogue, says State Dept spox.
    • Shehbaz rejects Indian accusations, calls for credible, neutral probe.

    US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has called on India and Pakistan to work together to ease tensions after last week’s militant attack in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), the State Department said on Wednesday.

    Rubio spoke separately with Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar on Wednesday. He also urged Pakistan to cooperate in investigating the attack that killed more than two dozen people, according to separate statements issued by the State Department after the calls.

    “The Secretary spoke of the need to condemn the terror attack on April 22 in Pahalgam,” said State Department spokesperson Tammy Bruce.

    “Both leaders reaffirmed their continued commitment to holding terrorists accountable for their heinous acts of violence.”

    The Secretary urged Pakistani officials to cooperate fully in investigating what he described as an unconscionable attack. He also encouraged Pakistan to work with India to reduce tensions, restore direct communication, and promote peace and security in South Asia, Bruce added.

    Earlier, Pakistan issued its own statement about the high-level contact. It said that Prime Minister Shehbaz received a phone call from Secretary Rubio and shared Pakistan’s perspective on recent events in South Asia following the Pahalgam incident.

    While condemning terrorism in all its forms, the Prime Minister highlighted Pakistan’s leading role in the fight against terror, noting that the country had sacrificed over 90,000 lives and suffered more than $152 billion in economic losses, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office.

    Describing India’s recent actions as “escalatory and provocative”, PM Shehbaz called them deeply disappointing and warned they could distract Pakistan from its efforts to combat terrorism, particularly from groups like ISKP (Daesh), TTP and BLA operating from Afghan territory.

    He firmly rejected India’s attempts to link Pakistan to the Pahalgam attack and repeated his call for a transparent, credible, and neutral investigation.

    He urged the United States to press India to lower its rhetoric and behave responsibly.

    The Prime Minister also criticised India’s actions over water rights, calling it regrettable that India had “weaponised” water — a vital resource for 240 million Pakistanis. He stressed that the Indus Waters Treaty does not allow either country to unilaterally back out of its commitments.

    He concluded by emphasising that a peaceful resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute was the only way to secure lasting peace in the region.

    Secretary Rubio thanked Prime Minister Shehbaz for the detailed discussion and stressed the importance of both countries continuing to work for peace and stability in South Asia.

    Rubio urges India to de-escalate tensions

    Later, Secretary Rubio also held a phone call with Indian External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Bruce said in a separate statement.

    “The Secretary expressed sorrow for the lives lost in the horrific terrorist attack in Pahalgam, and reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to cooperation with India against terrorism,” she said.

    “He also encouraged India to work with Pakistan to de-escalate tensions and maintain peace and security in South Asia,” the spokesperson added.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026

    Schedule for election on eight AJK assembly reserved seats announced

    August 16, 2026

    Dr Paul Bhatti honoured with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz for promoting interfaith harmony

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Harrison Ford becomes first-ever model for Indiana Jones Disney animatronic

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Harrison Ford becomes first-ever model for Indiana Jones Disney animatronicHarrison Ford is set to appear…

    Zambia incumbent takes early election lead as opposition alleges armed raid | Elections News

    August 17, 2026

    Diplo reveals secret birth of one year old daughter

    August 17, 2026

    Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history | Ebola News

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?