Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Google announces free 1-year Gemini subscription for all Pakistani students

    August 19, 2026

    Palestinian refugee and two relatives drown off English coast | Migration News

    August 19, 2026

    Bilawal warns withholding PML-N-led govt support until ‘all concerns addressed’

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Hamas releases five Israeli captives in Gaza as part of ceasefire deal | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    World News

    Hamas releases five Israeli captives in Gaza as part of ceasefire deal | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    DEVELOPING STORYDEVELOPING STORY,

    Sixth captive to be handed over by Hamas to Israeli authorities in Gaza City without a ceremony.

    Hamas has released five Israeli captives from Gaza in exchange for hundreds of Palestinians in Israeli prisons as part of the final swap under the first phase of the ceasefire between the Palestinian group and Israel.

    The first two captives, Tal Shoham and Avera Mengistu were handed over to the Red Cross in Rafah in southern Gaza on Saturday after they were led onto a stage by armed Hamas fighters.

    Three more captives,  Eliya Cohen, Omer Wenkert and Omer Shem Tov were released in a separate ceremony in Nuseirat in central Gaza.

    Meanwhile, Palestinian sources have confirmed to Al Jazeera that Hisham al-Sayed, the sixth captive, will be handed over to Israeli authorities without a ceremony.

    The 37-year-old Bedouin Israeli, who entered the Gaza Strip in April 2015 and was stopped by Hamas and taken captive, is expected to be handed over at a location in Gaza City in the northern part of the enclave.

    As of posting time, there is no confirmation yet on al-Sayed’s actual release.

    The six are the last from a group of 33 to be freed in the first stage of the ceasefire, which took effect on January 19.

    Al Jazeera’s Hani Mahmoud, reporting from Nuseirat, said a large crowd has gathered to witness the release of the three captives.

    “We see reinforcements from the Qassam Brigades in order to maintain order and safety of the process,” he reported, referring to Hamas’s armed wing. “Compared with past handovers, the scene here at Nuseirat looks more organised.”

    Speaking to Al Jazeera before the release, Professor Sami al-Arian from Istanbul Zaim University said the elaborate staging of the handover is a way for Hamas to signal it is responsible stakeholders by “showing the whole world that they were trying to keep them [the captives] alive, keep them safe”.

    Later on Saturday, Israel is expected to release 602 Palestinians held in its jails. It includes 445 people detained by Israeli forces during its war on Gaza as well as dozens serving lengthy or life terms, according to Hamas.

    The fragile ceasefire had been threatened with derailment by the misidentification of a body released on Thursday as that of Shiri Bibas, who was taken captive with her two young sons and husband in the Hamas-led October 7, 2023, attacks on southern Israel.

    Late on Friday, Hamas handed over Bibas’s body, which her family said had been confirmed to be hers.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Palestinian refugee and two relatives drown off English coast | Migration News

    August 19, 2026

    Who is Natalie Harp — Trump’s executive assistant in the spotlight?

    August 19, 2026

    Mourinho fires Real Madrid shot at Barcelona saying he ‘didn’t need’ Rodri | Football News

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Google announces free 1-year Gemini subscription for all Pakistani students

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Google’s ecosystem supported more than 960,000 jobs across the country. Google has announced a major…

    Palestinian refugee and two relatives drown off English coast | Migration News

    August 19, 2026

    Bilawal warns withholding PML-N-led govt support until ‘all concerns addressed’

    August 19, 2026

    Who is Natalie Harp — Trump’s executive assistant in the spotlight?

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?