Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    SC returns govt’s review plea against Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order

    August 20, 2026

    WATCH: Messi scores emotional first goal since father’s death

    August 20, 2026

    Taylor Swift joins forces with Grammys for surprise performance

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Politics»Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor
    Politics

    Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    LONDON/OSLO: Norway’s top prosecuting authority has dismissed a 16-year-old fraud case against Norwegian-Pakistani businessman Umar Farooq Zahoor, citing insufficient evidence to prove wrongdoing and ordering authorities to withdraw any active wanted person alerts or notices.

    The decision was made by Norway’s chief prosecuting authority after a review found that the evidence was not strong enough to prosecute Zahoor or justify keeping the case open, according to legal documents.

    The case dates back to 2010, when Zahoor was investigated over an alleged multimillion kroner fraud involving Nordea. Zahoor has consistently denied any involvement in the fraud and challenged the allegations against him.

    In 2012, Oslo police closed the investigation on evidentiary grounds and recommended that the case against him be dismissed. However, prosecutor Carl Graff Hartmann kept the case file open for years and continued making statements to the media, according to the documents.

    In recent months, Zahoor filed legal proceedings against Hartmann, accusing him of defamation and of working with the Norwegian tabloid Verdens Gang, known as VG, to target him with what Zahoor described as false allegations, but the accusations against Hartmann remain allegations.

    Zahoor had also challenged Norwegian efforts to extradite him over the fraud allegations. According to the reports, the United Arab Emirates did not comply with Norway’s extradition request because of concerns over the evidence presented against him.

    The Norwegian police clearance and an investigation report by Pakistan’s Federal Investigation Agency were also cited in a May 2023 decision by Lahore Judicial Magistrate Ghulam Murtaza Virk, who cleared Zahoor in two fraud and money laundering cases registered against him in Pakistan in 2020.

    In a statement issued through his Norwegian lawyer, Zahoor welcomed the dismissal and said he was relieved that the case had been closed by the same Norwegian authorities that had pursued it.

    “I am thankful to the prosecutor who saw through the facts and dismissed the case, which was based on untruths,” Zahoor said.

    The dismissal ends a long running legal matter that had remained active for more than a decade despite an earlier police recommendation to close the case.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Oil prices extend gains amid Middle East tensions

    August 20, 2026

    China Evergrande founder sentenced to life in prison

    August 20, 2026

    8 buildings where color steals the show

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Pakistan News

    SC returns govt’s review plea against Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan speaks with the public in Lahore on…

    WATCH: Messi scores emotional first goal since father’s death

    August 20, 2026

    Taylor Swift joins forces with Grammys for surprise performance

    August 20, 2026

    Tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?