Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Becky G on how unplanned Selena Gomez collab came together

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan’s current account deficit narrows in July as exports rebound

    August 19, 2026

    Fast and Furious stars reunite for 25th anniversary celebration

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack
    World News

    UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    An Iranian drone and an Iranian missile system are displayed in Azadi Square in Tehran, Iran, July 30, 2026. — Reuters
    An Iranian drone and an Iranian missile system are displayed in Azadi Square in Tehran, Iran, July 30, 2026. — Reuters
    • UAE halts trade activities with Iran until further notice.
    • Missiles targeted “maritime traffic”: defence ministry.
    • Iran urges “regional parties” to avoid claims against Iran.

    The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has suspended all trade activities, exchanges and financial transactions with Iran until further notice, the foreign ministry said in a statement on Wednesday, citing regional escalation that it said undermined regional and international peace and security.

    The announcement came after the UAE’s defence ministry said on Tuesday that it had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran, the first such incident reported since a May 4 strike on the Fujairah port.

    In a statement later, the ministry said the missiles targeted “maritime traffic” based on its assessments. Both missiles fell into the sea, it said.

    Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei rejected early on Wednesday the statement by the UAE, describing it as “baseless.”

    Baghaei called on “all regional parties” to refrain from making “unsubstantiated accusations” against Iran, according to Al Jazeera.

    The spokesperson said that any assessment of the situation must account for what he called the continued “malicious actions” of the US and Israel against regional peace and security, pointing to what he described as a history of false-flag operations in the region.

    The missile launch comes as a 60-day window for US-Iranian peace talks expired on Monday without a breakthrough, raising fears of a new escalation in the conflict that has disrupted shipping through the Strait of Hormuz since February.

    “The defence ministry affirms its full readiness to deal with any threats and firmly confront anything that aims to destabilise the state’s security,” it said in a statement.

    The UAE’s interior ministry sent a phone alert earlier on Tuesday to residents stating that the situation was safe and people should resume normal activities after an earlier alert warning of a missile threat.

    The UAE had accused Iran recently of attacking its state-owned ADNOC vessels while transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

    Iran has not claimed responsibility for the attacks on ADNOC vessels. Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have previously threatened action against vessels transiting the strait if they are linked to Tehran’s adversaries or fail to comply with Iranian directives.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Ukraine’s ousted defence minister calls for elections during war | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 19, 2026

    Attackers go ‘house to house’ killing 25 villagers in central Nigeria | Newsfeed

    August 19, 2026

    Bali gym owner kicks out three Israeli tourists for links to ‘IDF’ | Newsfeed

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Becky G on how unplanned Selena Gomez collab came together

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Becky G on how unplanned Selena Gomez collab came togetherBecky G is opening up about…

    Pakistan’s current account deficit narrows in July as exports rebound

    August 19, 2026

    Fast and Furious stars reunite for 25th anniversary celebration

    August 19, 2026

    Heavy rain triggers flood alert in Rawalpindi, Islamabad

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?