SEOUL: BLACKPINK’s 10th anniversary was meant to be a milestone celebration, but a small-scale event and disappointed fans have put the group under scrutiny, prompting member Lisa to apologize on Aug. 14 over how the celebration unfolded.
Lisa addressed fans through a communication platform nearly a week after the Aug. 8 anniversary event at the National Museum of Korea in Seoul’s Yongsan district.
“There have been some matters that have been circulating online,” Lisa said. “It makes me sad and I’m truly sorry about how things turned out.”
The anniversary event was announced only two days before it was held and included 40 randomly selected fans. The small-scale celebration drew criticism from some BLINKs, BLACKPINK’s official fandom, who expected a larger event to mark the group’s 10 years in the music industry.
All four members Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie and Rosé attended the event despite earlier speculation that some members might be absent.
The celebration included a livestream of about 10 minutes, while the main event lasted roughly 30 minutes. Some fans criticized the short program and limited access, saying the format fell short of expectations for one of K-pop’s most prominent groups.
Lisa acknowledged the disappointment and said the anniversary was intended to be meaningful for both the members and their fans.
“It was supposed to be a special moment and a time of celebration for all of us,” she said.
Lisa said she was not addressing the issue to make excuses or defend the decisions surrounding the event.
“I just wanted to honor the love and connection we shared,” she said, adding that she was grateful the group was able to celebrate with fans.
Lisa’s statement came after Jisoo and Rosé also apologized to fans over the backlash.
Read More: BLACKPINK fans criticize limited 10th anniversary event access
Jisoo previously expressed regret over the reaction to the anniversary, saying she felt sorry that so many BLINKs were upset.
Rosé also addressed the criticism, saying she needed time to organize her thoughts before speaking publicly. She acknowledged fans’ feelings and apologized if her response had made them feel more isolated.
Lisa’s statement makes her the third BLACKPINK member to publicly address the controversy. Jennie has not issued a public statement about the backlash.
The members’ apologies have received mixed reactions from fans. Some have welcomed their acknowledgment of the criticism, while others remain dissatisfied with the event’s planning and execution.
The controversy has also affected parts of the BLACKPINK fan community, with some fan sites reportedly suspending activities or closing their platforms following the anniversary dispute.
The backlash has centered largely on the scale and organization of the celebration rather than the group’s 10-year milestone itself.
Lisa ended her message by thanking BLINKs for their continued support and expressing hope that the group and its fans would carry their shared connection forward.
The anniversary was intended to celebrate a decade of BLACKPINK’s career and its relationship with fans. Instead, the event has prompted a wider discussion about expectations, communication and fan engagement surrounding major K-pop milestones.

