Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Russia protests Japan PM’s comments after Putin’s Kuril visit | News

    August 18, 2026

    PTI lauds SC order on Imran Khan, urges workers not to gather outside hospital

    August 18, 2026

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Elon Musk-led group makes $97.4bn bid for OpenAI | Elon Musk News
    World News

    Elon Musk-led group makes $97.4bn bid for OpenAI | Elon Musk News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Musk’s bid could ratchet up longstanding tensions with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman over the future of the startup.

    A consortium led by Elon Musk said it has offered $97.4bn to buy the nonprofit that controls OpenAI, months after the billionaire sued the artificial intelligence startup to block it from transitioning to a for-profit firm.

    Musk’s bid, revealed on Monday, could ratchet up longstanding tensions with OpenAI CEO Sam Altman over the future of the startup at the heart of a boom in generative AI technology.

    Altman promptly posted on X: “No thank you but we will buy twitter for $9.74 billion if you want.”

    The two are already embroiled in an ongoing lawsuit. Musk criticised a $500bn OpenAI-led project called Stargate announced with great fanfare at the White House just after United States President Donald Trump returned to office, suggesting the investors involved lacked the funding for the project.

    “It’s time for OpenAI to return to the open-source, safety-focused force for good it once was,” Musk said in the press release. “We will make sure that happens.”

    OpenAI, Musk, Musk’s lawyer Marc Toberoff and OpenAI backer Microsoft did not immediately respond to requests for comment from the Reuters news agency.

    The bid is being backed by Musk’s AI company xAI, which could merge with OpenAI following a deal, according to The Wall Street Journal, which first reported Musk’s offer earlier on Monday.

    Even without any antitrust implications, a deal this size would need Musk and his consortium to raise enormous funds.

    OpenAI was valued at $157bn in its latest funding round in October, cementing its status as one of the most valuable private companies in the world. SoftBank Group is in talks to lead a funding round of up to $40bn in OpenAI at a valuation of $300bn, including the new funds, the Reuters news agency reported in January.

    Musk co-founded OpenAI with Altman in 2015, but left before the company took off. He founded the competing AI startup xAI in 2023.

    OpenAI is now trying to transition into a for-profit from a nonprofit entity, which it says is required to secure the capital needed for developing the best artificial intelligence models.

    Musk’s lawsuit against OpenAI and Altman says the founders originally approached him to fund a nonprofit focused on developing AI to benefit humanity, but that it was now focused on making money.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Russia protests Japan PM’s comments after Putin’s Kuril visit | News

    August 18, 2026

    Deaths mount, trauma sets in as Russia ramps up missile attacks on Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 18, 2026

    Meta lawsuits: Is social media facing a global legal reckoning? | Social Media News

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Russia protests Japan PM’s comments after Putin’s Kuril visit | News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Russia summons Japan’s ambassador to Moscow over Prime Minister Sanae ⁠Takaichi’s ‘anti-Russian’ remarks.Published On 18…

    PTI lauds SC order on Imran Khan, urges workers not to gather outside hospital

    August 18, 2026

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    August 18, 2026

    Comfort footwear company steps into lifestyle

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?